quinta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2008

das praxes

Diz que somos terceiromundistas quando praxamos. Então, como fazem eles nos G8?

Initiations: Why I took part in one

I was "initiated" when I applied to join my university's women's hockey team. I found the ceremony, with its emphasis on stomach-turning food and heavy drinking, frightening and degrading.

But I still went through with it. Why?

I've now discovered that, despite the risks, most of the students I have spoken to remain supporters of initiations - even though the hard-drinking ceremonies have been thought to be a factor in the deaths of at least three British students.

1 comentário:

josé afonso disse...

Conclui-se que os países do G8 têm também coisas terceiromundistas. Mas isso também não é novidade. Em todo o caso, não me parece que a praxe, em qualquer contexto, seja terceiromundista; é simplesmente estúpida.